TIAA-CREF (Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association – College Retirement Equity Fund) is a financial entity created to serve and perform robustly. Started nearly a century ago, the association ensures teachers are able to retire in a dignified manner. The Financial services and products of TIAA-CREF are aimed at benefiting millions working in various nonprofit organizations including medical, research, academic, cultural and government fields.
Founded in 1918, TIAA began with the support of Carnegie Foundation, which endowed $1 million for the foundation. At present it has established itself as a diversified Fortune 100 organization specializing in financial services, advisors and institutions. It is the leading financial firm in the world in the category of not for profit organization in the retirement sector in terms of assets.
The institution is also the largest agricultural investor worldwide. It is the third largest real estate management firm in the commercial sector worldwide. The association has received several other accolades including Best Overall Large Fund Company for five consecutive years from 2013 to 2017.
The organization has assets of over $907 billion and has investments spread over 50 countries worldwide. It boasts of 5 million customers and more than 16,000 institutional clients. The employees in the institution number over 12,950, which include over 700 advisors and consultants spread across the world in 157 offices.
The services offered at TIAA include
- Provide assistance to advisors, organizations and individuals to help them reach full potential.
- Offer retirement plans of open architecture model which consist of more than 10000 investment choices.
- Provide support, resources and strategies for advisors via TIAA investments, retirement advisors and institutional consultants.
- Provide insights on investments via Global Asset Management, foundations and endowments to institutional investors.
- Individual advisory services
- Products include retirement plans, banking loans and insurance
- Provide education on retirement planning, investment, tax saving, wealth management and more.
TIAA encourages a work culture which enables employees to utilize their unique skills and talents to enable clients receive innovative ideas and unique perspectives that assist them in achieving their objectives.
TIAA-CREF Login Guide
It is easy to register at TIAA-CREF for access to its online services. The process is very quick and simple. Before you login, you have to do an identity confirmation. To enable this, you should need information such as Social Security number and other data to complete registration. Here are the steps for TIAA-CREF login:
- Visit the official website at https://www.tiaa.org/
- Choose the option, ‘Register’ situated on the top right part of the home page.
- Follow the step wise instructions given onscreen to obtain the login essentials including user ID and the password.
- Important note: You should complete another last but final step for the registration to be over. Near the bottom part of Welcome page choose, ‘Login’ feature.
- You will be asked questions for verifying your identity. This is a one-time process and done for security purposes.
- When you have finished the steps for verifying identity, you are completely set for using the online management of TIAA account.
- You need to log into the account now at the tiaa.org site.
Login Instructions for iPhone
TIAA has its own mobile apps for faster and efficient online account access. To enable more effective services, users can download the TIAA iPhone app and use it to have immediate access to their TIAA account. It is possible to do banking, retirement transfers, brokerage and much more from your iPhone device. You can download the app from Apple App store. The app also helps to track performance activity, review, locate nearby ATMs and connect with your advisor too.
Login Instructions for Android
TIAA also provides mobile apps for Android users. Users can log into their TIAA account via their Android device and get easy access to the various different services provided at TIAA including transfer between accounts, bill pay and other banking services, retirement account access and more. The Android mobile app for TIAA can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
Possible Login Issues
If you encounter any difficulties when you log into your account at TIAA from TIAA mobile app you should first verify certain details.
- Check whether you have enabled cookies in your internet browser.
- Verify if your internet connection is stable
- Check whether your ID and password are entered correctly.
Note: If you are unable to login for three consecutive attempts, the access to online account will be locked. This is done by TIAA to avoid fraudulent activity and to ensure your account does not have any robot password software run on it. If your account is locked, choose ‘Unlock My Account’ feature present on the screen that is displayed after your failed login attempts.
Follow the subsequent prompts. This will help confirm the identity and gain access to your account.
If the above method does not work, contact TIAA at 866-207-6467 on weekdays beginning 8 a.m. up to 10 p.m. and on Saturdays starting 9 a.m. up to 6 p.m.
How to Enroll to TIAA-CREF?
- Visit tiaa.org website and click on ‘Login’ feature.
- Enter the login details. You will be taken to your account page.
- Under the option, ‘Support’ find the ‘Enroll in an Employer’s Plan’ present in the column situated on the right side. This will get you started.
How to Change Your Email Address or ID/Password?
- Log into the account you have created at TIAA.
- Under the ‘My Account’ feature you will find the Profiles option.
- Choose the ‘Security Profile’ option.
- Here you can change the password and ID.
- For change or update of email address, select the Personal Information option.
How to Recover Your User ID
- To have the user ID, you should provide email address, which you have linked to your account while creating the account.
- If you do not remember the email address you used while creating the account, or you did not receive the email sent by TIAA support, you can call them at 866 207-6467 for further assistance.
- If you do not remember the password and user ID, you need to follow the process mentioned above for recovering User ID.
- After completing the user ID retrieval, you should log in by entering the User Id, which is sent to your mail.
If you encounter any issues while you perform a TIAA-CREF login, do a password reset or enroll into TIAA online account, you can call the customer service personnel at 800-842-2252. You will be able to contact them on weekdays beginning 8 a.m. up to 10 p.m. Eastern Time and during weekends on Saturdays starting 9 a.m. up to 6 p.m. Automated contact service is also available 24 hours in a day for 7 days of a week.
If you are using TTD/TTY or telecommunication service, call 800-842-2755.
Alternatively you can also email at firstname.lastname@example.org.