Founded by the same man who pioneered the first index fund, John C. Bogle, Vanguard has lived up to its creator’s success mantra- If you can’t beat the market, be the market.
The Vanguard group is the largest provider of mutual funds and ranks second in exchange traded funds. This giant has assets worth $4 trillion and provides brokerage solutions, variable and fixed annuities, asset management, trust services and many more services. If the brand name is not enough to lure you into investing with them, then maybe the following compilation might change your mind:
- Variable account options: You can choose from a range of account options available at your disposal. Either you can choose to roll over your 401(k) account to a Vanguard IRA free of cost or choose between fixed income and variable annuities. You can also opt for a pre tax contributions IRA or a post tax contributions IRA. You can have an individual taxable amount but Vanguard will also offer you opportunity to invest in stocks, bonds, certificate of deposits and mutual funds to save the taxable money.
- The largest provider of mutual funds: With Vanguard you can have access to 121 mutual funds. The list has money market, international, balanced, bond and stock mutual funds.
You can also have access to 52 different ETFs.
- Lowest fees in the market: No commission charges will be levied for trading Vanguard’s mutual funds and ETFs. However if you want to trade stocks, Vanguard becomes the optimal choice only if you trade large volumes. Low cost index funds has always been trademark of Vanguard’s business plan. You cannot find cheaper index funds than with Vanguard.
- First time investors: For first time investors, Vanguard offers a lot of research and analysis tools for free. You also have access to a 24/7 dedicated customer support team. The minimum share requirement to start trading is only 1 share: a big boost for a beginner to initiate trading.
Vanguard Login: How to Sign in to Vanguard Online?
You can enjoy 24/7 access to Vanguard’s investment solutions by creating an account online. Here’s how you can perform Vanguard login on PC or Mac:
- Visit the client site: https://investor.vanguard.com/my-account/log-on
- Enter USER NAME and PASSWORD.
- Click Log on.
- You are now logged in to your Vanguard account.
Vanguard Mobile services:
Vanguard promises convenience, ease and security when it comes to their mobile apps. Having the Vanguard mobile app will allow you to:
- Research on new funds, ETFs, stocks.
- Be updated with the latest financial news.
- Trade including checks (by using the camera on the phone.)
- Monitor your account: keep a track of your balance, performance and history of transactions.
- Analyze your asset mix.
- Keep a tab on investment returns.
The Vanguard mobile app is available for both the iPhone and the Android user.
Vanguard Login Process on Your iPhone:
Here’s how you can easily access your portfolio on your iPhone:
- Download the Vanguard app from the iTunes store: https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/vanguard/id335186209?mt=8
- Open the app.
- The launch page will ask for your User Name and Password.
- You can check the box “Remember User Name” to make login quicker in the future sessions.
- Click Log on.
- You will be directed to “My Accounts” tab where you can view your account summary.
The app comes powered with the Touch ID login for faster and convenient login.
Vanguard Login on Your Android phone:
To login to Vanguard’s services on your Android phone, you will have to:
- Download the Vanguard app from the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vanguard&hl=en
- Open the app.
- Enter the User Name and Password.
- Click Log On. You can also choose to check the “Remember User Name” box if you are accessing it from your own phone.
- Now you have just stepped into the web of easy trading and research.
What if You Have Login Problems During Vanguard Login?
Let us not try to ignore the fact that there can be certain technical glitches while logging in. Now this may arise due to a various reasons:
- Caps lock is on: The password is case-sensitive and hence, if you do not have any block letters in your password you have to be careful to ensure that the caps lock is off when you enter the password.
- Outdated browser: Always keep your browser up to date to be free of login hassles.
- Outdated app: The app asks for an update and if you haven’t done it for a long time, there is a possibility that the company may not support the old version of the app any more. So update the app.
- Outdated OS: Sometimes updates will not work if your OS is outdated. Every app has a minimum OS requirement. In this case, it is 4.0 and up for Android users.
- Cookies and cache: Clearing your cookies and cache regularly can help you prevent login issues.
- Firewall: The app requires permissions to run optimally – make flexible adjustments to your Firewall to optimally run this app.
How to Reset Your Vanguard Password?
If you have forgotten your password during your Vanguard Login, you can easily reset it using the following steps:
- Go to Vanguard login page here: https://investor.vanguard.com/my-account/log-on
- Click ‘Need logon help?’ just below the Log On button.
- It will direct you to a ‘Log on Help’ page.
- You will now to have to fill in the dialogue boxes with the following information:
• First Name
• Last Name
• Last Four digits of your social security number
• Birth date
• Zip code
• Registered Email Address
- Click ‘Continue.’
A temporary password will be sent to your mail. You can also choose to send a security code to your phone. Via the temporary password or security code, you will be able to create a new password.
How to Enroll with Vanguard?
To enrol with Vanguard, you will have to sign up:
- Visit Vanguard login page at: https://investor.vanguard.com/my-account/log-on
- Click ‘Sign up for access’
- This will direct you to a page to set up your account.
- You will then have to:
• Fill up your personal credentials.
• Create a User Name and Password.
• Set up your security features.
- Click Start button to get started.
Important Vanguard Contact Information:
Valley Forge, PA 19483-1101 Overnight mail (same for all)
455 Devon Park Drive.
Wayne, PA 19087-1815