Create Hotmail Account – Email plays a major role in everyone lives those who are having access to internet connection. Hotmail is one of the best ways to stay connected by having conversations with your friends, co-workers, and family as well.
If you had no clue, how to Create Hotmail Account and Hotmail Login, it is not that hard to perform the task. In this post, I will share information on how to sign up and log into the account of Hotmail.
Hotmail is one of the best services among the free email service provider.
Hotmail Account – Everything You Need To Know:
The Microsoft brings Hotmail, and now it has become the part of the MSN services also known as the MSN Hotmail. Later on, the Microsoft has launched the live campaign of windows, and the rebrand of the Microsoft is known as the Windows Live Hotmail. The email comes with lots of benefits which is free and very easy to use.
How get a Hotmail account to create. The steps to create a Hotmail account in earlier times were rudimentary and there were few restrictions or guidelines to follow such as:
- The account creation page was found on the main Hotmail domain.
- Here one could click on the Sign up link to get started.
- The account creation process started by entering the first and last name.
- One had to choose a username for their account that was restricted to what was available and not already in use as in the Hotmail database.
- The password creation process did not have any restrictions and had to be one that one could remember easily.
- Once the above main fields were entered one’s account creation process was deemed complete. All one had to do was to enter some more additional fields of information that were optional and check the box that showcased one’s agreement to the terms and conditions.
The above steps showcased the simple way one could create an account with Hotmail. It certainly made things easy for those who signed up for Hotmail in the earlier times.
However, with the easy sign up procedures and passwords that were easy to guess and hack into, many Hotmail users found their accounts hacked and misused.
With time Hotmail was taken over by Microsoftand as the hacking and spamming activities led to a number of security issues, there were many steps taken to make the sign up and login procedures protected and controlled.
Advantages of using Hotmail:
Hotmail comes with impressive features, and the storage capacity has been increased to a higher capacity than ever. Check out the features that Hotmail has offered for you:
- It provides you the POP access based on the individuals and also the features of the security have been improved.
- The searching of the email is faster than ever in the Hotmail accounts.
- It has a well-maintained user-interface for getting an easy access for the user to search any messages from nay desired folder location.
- A Hotmail account or inbox has an intuitive interface. One can figure out different features and functions with ease.
- Tabs are provided to allow easy access to the different inbox segments.
- Different folders are located on the left hand side panel of an inbox.
- Clutter can be easily swept aside, which allows one to manage all unimportant messages with ease.
- Social media accounts are easy to integrate with your new Hotmail account. This allows you to see new posts and updates on your inbox directly, eliminating the need to log into the respective social media accounts such as Facebook and others in order to stay updated, to post new stories, comments and so forth.
- Segregation of emails is made easy with color tagging that is a useful and attractive feature of the new inbox.
- Use of Microsoft documents, spreadsheets and presentation files is made easy in your Hotmail inbox, courtesy these applications being easily accessible in your Hotmail account.
- Using the Hotmail email services, you will be able to easily coup up with the fast methods of searching images, in the meant time to retrieve all kind details of the social network information.
- Create an IMAP for getting access to various internet directories using your Hotmail account.
- The revamped scan options are available, and it can easily locate if there is a virus or spam or any other infected attacks.
Outlook vs Hotmail domain
As Hotmail came under Microsoft, there were several changes seen. It was initially kept as a separate domain till the early part of the millennium; soon, however, Microsoft planned to consolidate all account services under one domain that would lead to a stronger focus on control and protective measures. As a result the following changes took place for Hotmail users:
- Initial years Hotmail users were able to login through the dedicated Hotmail domain.
- As the Microsoft acquisition of the service took place, Hotmail was offered as part of MSN portal as well.
- When the consolidation efforts were taken up by Microsoft, Hotmail came under the live domain and then it was finally made part of Outlook, the new web based email service introduced by Microsoft.
Those who are existing Hotmail users can still type in Hotmail.com in their web browser and be relocated to the new login portal of Microsoft. For those who wish to create a new Hotmail account can find the link to sign up for a new Microsoft account on this portal. The changes that have come by in creating a new Hotmail account in recent times include the following:
- Hotmail domain does not exist separately.
- One can select Hotmail as their email domain address which can be selected at the time of creating a new Microsoft account.
- The account that one creates will be a Hotmail email address that will give access to different services of Microsoft as well.
- The email interface will be similar to new users of the Outlook email service with similar features and amenities.
Signing up for a new Hotmail account
If you wish to get a Hotmail account all new, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Log onto Hotmail.com, live.com or outlook.com each of which will lead to a unified portal for Microsoft accounts.
- The login panel is evident on the front page.
- If you wish to create a new account, you will find the link provided on this page.
- You will be redirected to the account creation page.
- Here you will be asked to fill in certain mandatory fields.
- The initial fields pertain to information such as your first and last name.
- You can then choose the username you wish to get to your account. This can be chosen subject to the availability of what already exists among the millions of Hotmail users.
- You can choose the domain address of your choice, whether Hotmail.com or Outlook.com.
- You need to enter the password field next which needs to be eight alphanumeric characters with case differences as well as special characters as well.
- You would be asked to enter other basic information like gender.
- Once all basic fields are filled, there are certain additional fields to enter that are related to account security.
- These pertain to entering an alternate email address which is often required to verify your account credentials or to reset your account password in case you forget the same.
- The other details required are a valid phone number. Once this is keyed in, you can also seek for a security code to be texted to you when you need to reset your account password or to use it as an alternate way to access your account in a secure manner every time.
- You are also encouraged to seek out two security questions and key in the answers accordingly. These also come in handy when you forget your account password and need to retrieve the same. You should choose questions whose answers are evident to you, but not easily known to others.
How to Create Hotmail Account?
Create your Hotmail Account developed by Microsoft and get access on the basis of different web services such as the instant messaging, Xbox Live, Bing and OneDrive, etc. It is available for use in different platforms such as Windows PC, MACs, Android, and iOS device as well.
Check out the process on how to Create Hotmail Account shown below in steps:
At first you will require to visit the official registration page of the Hotmail.Com by typing the keyword “Microsoft Account.”
Now you will be redirected into the next page segment for creating an account.
Fill up the information details on the box of the First Name, Last Name, which will appear on the screen of your friends, co-workers, family also into the other Microsoft services that you will be using.
Now you will be ask to type the user name for e.g. email@example.com or get a new email address.
Choose a strong password for your new Microsoft account, at least 8-character of password is require to be provided, re-enter the password and then confirm it.
Select the country or region, birth date i.e. Month, Day and Year. Also select your Gender.
Now protect the filled up information details by providing your phone number. Before you go for proceeding, the Microsoft will conform by letting you enter the characters that you see.
Tick the box to get the promotional offers by Microsoft and you will also be able to unsubscribe it at any moment.
Now click on the create account button that appears in blue color to agree to the Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy and cookies statement.
Start to log into your new Hotmail account by visiting its official site. What you just need to do is simply enter the username and password to sign-in and get the access for sending and receiving emails.
How to Recover Your Hotmail Account?
Often time we forgot our password, alternative email or security questions for recovery. You don’t have to get bothere attempting all those recovery options. Instead, try out recovering your Hotmail account by providing all the details on the basis of your account or even when your account is block.
Check out the steps on how to recover your Hotmail accounts mentioned below:
At first go for the Google Search Engine and then type the keyword Hotmail and then visit the official site.
Now click on the options “can’t access your account”, or you can also go for the “Sign in with a sing-use code.”
Then select the options “I forgot my password” to reset your password or get help to recover the forgotten password and other errors while you go for signing-in options.
In case if you have trouble with forgetting of the password then tick on the “I forgot my password.”
Now “Reset your password” options will appear just click on it.
In the next step you will have to enter your Blocked Hotmail ID into the box that appears on the web page. Then fill up the Captcha characters that you see and click on the “Next Button.”
Just Click on the “I can’t use any of these options” and then when the Recover your Microsoft account will appear on the web page, you will have to click the “Next.”
After a while, the “Account Info” web page will appear on the web page, fill up all the necessary details on the basis on your Hotmail Account, and then click on the “Submit.”
In this post, I have provided, all the necessary steps on how to perform Create Hotmail Account and Www.Hotmail.Com Login. In the meantime, if at any circumstances if you forgot your password or user login ID then you can go through the above-mentioned tutorial.
t is important to notice that there is no necessity of filling up the Billing Information section that appears on the web page of the recovery settings.